Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Replacing you is so easy.

When the weather changes, my mood and general disposition change as well. Therefore, I must change something about myself. Last summer, that meant getting a piercing. In the beginning of fall, that meant getting more piercings. Now come winter, it means getting a tattoo and dying my hair a glorious shade of blue / black.
Why do this? Well, frankly, because I can.
I get restless sometimes, especially in the change of seasons, and something must be done about it. It used to be that I would just change my hair color/cut six times over the course of a month, but that got to be too expensive, and also made my hair begin to fall out. And excuse me, but I value not being bald.
So, I guess this might mean that soon, I'll be a human pin cushion / canvas. And I'm okay with that.

With that, here is my winter mix. (I decided that a new season deserved a mix) It is guaranteed to make you feel all wintery. Best with (1) cup of hot coco. =]

"A Love Like Winter" -A Fire Inside
"A Hazy Shade of Winter" -Simon and Garfunkel
"A Whiter Shade of Pale" -Procol Harum
"By My Side" -Godspell (the musical) [don't hate, it's a gorgeous song.]
"Christmas Isn't Safe for Animals" -Of Montreal
"Stephanie Says" -The Velvet Underground
"Food in the House" -Nellie McKay
"20 Years of Snow" -Regina Spektor
"She's Got a Way About Her" -Billy Joel
"No Winter for a Year" -The Arcade Fire
"Winter Wonderland" -Radiohead
"Blue Light" -Bloc Party
"Little Donkey" -The Boy Least Likely To
"Xmas Cake" -Rilo Kiley
"The New Year" -Deathcab For Cutie
"Asleep" -The Smiths
"Sister Winter" -Sufjan Stevens






"But my heart is returned to sister winter..." -Sufjan Stevens

1 comment:

GS said...

I like your mix list. I was actually contemplating posting a post with a similar theme....