Wednesday, December 6, 2006

One last dance with Mary Jane

Please, never, ever do drugs around me. Frankly, I think it is the biggest sign of stupidity one could convey. Yes, I admit I have done my "dabbling" in them. I have smoked some weed (a lot) in past days, mostly around the beginning of freshman year, then I stopped until the middle of sophomore year. Then a little last summer. Yes, I have snorted Oxycontin once, and snorted Vicoden a couple of times.
But I am past all of that. And for very good reason. I don't know if people realize how unattractive they are when they are stoned 24/7. I have friends that smoke in the morning, in the afternoon, and then again at night. Those same friends are the ones whom I don't hang around with anymore. I do not think I am better than them, oh no, I just find their company lately quite intolerable.
I have a boyfriend who is a big advocate for psychedelic drugs (LSD, shrooms.) Granted, he doesn't do them very often. He can count on one hand the number of times he has done them. He claims that they have transcendental powers, and that he is better after doing them. But still, he is lucky that I love him so much for all of the other things that he is that the occasional herb smoking doesn't bother me. And he knows NEVER to do drugs around me.




Basically, the point of all of this was, what, honestly do people get out of drug use? Everything in this life is temporary enough for people to go after something that is more temporary than the rest. Health, wealth, and happiness, I say. And no, drugs do not make you happy. They make you think you're happy, so they are a lie. And nobody likes liars.


In two completely unrelated topics, I really want Steal This Book and Revolution for the Hell of It by Abbie Hoffman. Besides all the drugs he did, (Hey, it was the 60's.) he is my hero.


And The Blood Brothers show last night was incredible. I have never danced / screamed so much in my entire life.


"I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more wars. "
-Abbie Hoffman

No comments: